- This event has passed.
Civic Boot Camp: Welcoming Immigrants, June 8th
Jun 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$250
Explore the Region’s Immigration History and How You Can Help Create a Welcoming Community
Help create a more supportive community for immigrants by understanding the issues and opportunities for involvement.
Register for June 1st.
- $250 – Single ticket (includes breakfast and afternoon snacks and full lunch)
- To encourage connections across political, cultural and economic boundaries, Seattle CityClub provides scholarships for up to 20% of the participants in each Civic Boot Camp session. Apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Listen to presentations about historical and current perspectives on immigration.
- Tour local immigration organizations and services.
- Attend panel presentations and/or group discussions with local leaders about current immigration issues.
- Participate in a workshop related to immigration.
You’ll Learn About:
- The key stakeholders and local organizations responsible for supporting immigrants in the region.
- The impact of local, state and federal policies and programs on immigration.
- How to get involved to support immigrants and refugees in the community.
About Civic Boot Camp
Civic Boot Camp is an immersive, full-day program designed to give participants the tools to take action in the community. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Connect with local leaders
- Network with professionals from all sectors
- Learn about our region’s history
- Learn about local solutions
- Take action towards increasing the civic health of the region
Calendar event posts are submitted by members of the public or by organizations unaffiliated with The Seattle Globalist. Questions about individual events and postings should be directed toward the event organizers, who are responsible for the content.