- This event has passed.
Civic Boot Camp: Welcoming Immigrants, June 8th
Jun 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$250
Explore the Region’s Immigration History and How You Can Help Create a Welcoming Community
Help create a more supportive community for immigrants by understanding the issues and opportunities for involvement.
Register for June 1st.
- $250 – Single ticket (includes breakfast and afternoon snacks and full lunch)
- To encourage connections across political, cultural and economic boundaries, Seattle CityClub provides scholarships for up to 20% of the participants in each Civic Boot Camp session. Apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Listen to presentations about historical and current perspectives on immigration.
- Tour local immigration organizations and services.
- Attend panel presentations and/or group discussions with local leaders about current immigration issues.
- Participate in a workshop related to immigration.
You’ll Learn About:
- The key stakeholders and local organizations responsible for supporting immigrants in the region.
- The impact of local, state and federal policies and programs on immigration.
- How to get involved to support immigrants and refugees in the community.
About Civic Boot Camp
Civic Boot Camp is an immersive, full-day program designed to give participants the tools to take action in the community. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Connect with local leaders
- Network with professionals from all sectors
- Learn about our region’s history
- Learn about local solutions
- Take action towards increasing the civic health of the region
Calendar event posts are submitted by members of the public and/or by organizations unaffiliated with The Seattle Globalist. Questions about individual events, postings and images used in calendar items should be directed toward the event organizers, who are responsible for the content.