The Seattle Globalist is proud to announce our first ever apprenticeship program in partnership with the Seattle Digital Literacy Initiative.
In this year-long journalism training program for young adults ages 17-20, participants will be mentored by a journalist from The Seattle Globalist and receive training in writing, photography, video and design. Their work will also be published on The Seattle Globalist.
Ready to start working as a journalist? Take the first step and APPLY HERE>>>
Applications due by OCTOBER 1, 2012
What you’ll experience in the program:
- Mentorship from a professional journalist with years of experience
- Build your own portfolio of published stories
- Receive multimedia journalism training with professional gear and software
- Experience the UW campus and college readiness training
- Explore stories and topics you care about
- Young adults between the ages of 17-20 (We will consider exceptions on case-by-case basis)
- Applicants that are interested in a career in journalism and media
- High school graduates, GED equivalents or those in first year of community colleges
- The apprenticeship program will run from October 20th, 2012 (orientation) to May 2013
- Apprentices will log 10 hours per month on their projects and will have weekly check-ins with their mentor (in person, by phone or email).
- Apprentices will receive a stipend for participating in the program