Last Thursday, The Seattle Globalist hosted its third photo and video journalism workshop at Cafe Ibex, an Ethiopian restaurant just off of Rainier Avenue South and Martin Luther King Way South. (Check out other skill-building opportunities if you missed the last workshop!).
Globalist contributor and instructor Jovelle Tamayo took workshop participants through the basics of ISO, shutter speed, light, composition, ethics and the fine art of Instagram videos. Right before sunset, workshop photographers went “on assignment” around the Mount Baker neighborhood to find a story. Here’s what they came up with.
Did you miss this workshop, but want to up your photo game or build other media skills? Seattle Globalist will launch our summer series of online skill shares and continue our regular monthly workshops in just a few weeks.
Don’t forget to save the dates!
- Tuesday, July 19 – Pro tips to take your photos to the next level! (available on our website)
- Tuesday, August 2 – How to find a story in unexpected places! (available on our website)
- Tuesday, August 23 – Top interviewing and reporting advice from Seattle journalists! (available on our website)
- Thursday, September 22 – Writing with Voice – and on deadline! (registration available here)
- Thursday, October 27 – Interview Like a Pro – Radio/Audio Edition! (details to be announced on our workshops website)
- Thursday, November 10 – Boost Your Camera Skills (details to be announced on our workshops website)