- This event has passed.
Civic Boot Camp: Livable Neighborhoods, March 16th
Mar 16, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$250
Explore Seattle’s Fastest-Growing Neighborhood and What You Can Do to Create a Livable Community
Discover the elements of a livable neighborhood through South Lake Union’s rich history and incredible growth, including the socioeconomic challenges and opportunities in the community.
You may also register for March 24th.
- $250 – Single ticket (includes breakfast and afternoon snacks and full lunch)
- To encourage connections across political, cultural and economic boundaries, Seattle CityClub provides scholarships for up to 20% of the participants in each Civic Boot Camp session. Apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Listen to a presentation on South Lake Union’s history.
- Tour the developments and services in Cascade/South Lake Union neighborhood.
- Meet with local community leaders to discuss “livability” and how to get -involved.
- Network in group discussions.
You’ll Learn About:
- The neighborhood’s transformation from its industrial past to its technology-based present.
- Local historical sites and social services addressing housing and homelessness.
- Parks, historic preservation, transit, walkability, business and residential development and how it relates to livability.
- Opportunities to get involved to make your community more livable.
About Civic Boot Camp
Civic Boot Camp is an immersive, full-day program designed to give participants the tools to take action in the community. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Connect with local leaders
- Network with professionals from all sectors
- Learn about our region’s history
- Learn about local solutionsTake action towards increasing the civic health of the region
Calendar event posts are submitted by members of the public and/or by organizations unaffiliated with The Seattle Globalist. Questions about individual events, postings and images used in calendar items should be directed toward the event organizers, who are responsible for the content.