- This event has passed.
Listen, Learn, Lend a Hand: A Program to Support Refugees
Apr 24, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Come join us for a day of listening, learning, and lending a hand to refugees. We will be joining together to hear personal stories, learn how to advocate for refugees in our community and beyond, as well as prepare 900 hygiene kits for Syrian refugee families in need.
This event is free and open to all. All ages welcome. Feel free to drop in or stay for the whole day.
1:00 PM – LISTEN: REFUGEE EXPERIENCES
2:00 PM – LEARN: EMPOWERMENT THROUGH STUDY
3:00 PM – LEND A HAND: ASSEMBLE HYGIENE KITS FOR SYRIAN REFUGEE FAMILIES
- This event is co-sponsored by: Hillel at the University of Washington, Hillel International, The Genesis Prize, Heart to Heart and JDC in partnership with:
- Amnesty International UW
- Chabad UW
- UW Circle K
- Congregation Beth Shalom
- Temple Beth Am
- Temple De Hirsch Sinai
- Jewish Family Service Seattle
- UW Center for Human Rights
- UW Jackson School of International Studies
- UW Department of Sociology
- UW Department of Geography
- UW Center for Demography & Ecology
- UW Law, Society & Justice
Calendar event posts are submitted by members of the public and/or by organizations unaffiliated with The Seattle Globalist. Questions about individual events, postings and images used in calendar items should be directed toward the event organizers, who are responsible for the content.