- This event has passed.
Movin’ Around the World: Spring
Apr 6, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 11:00 am, repeating until Apr 12, 2019
Presented by Northwest Folklife and Seattle Center, Movin’ Around the World: Spring brings the cultures of the world together for a weeklong celebration of music, dance, art, hands-on activities, and family fun!
Each day will highlight a new theme including arts and music from India, the Balkans, and West Africa.
◦ Saturday, April 6 – Youth Rising
◦ Sunday, April 7 – ¡Baila Baila!: Dances from Latin America
◦ Monday, April 8 – From Trad to Today: Music of the North
◦ Tuesday, April 9 – Diwali Lights of India Festival Presents: Dances of India
◦ Wednesday, April 10 – Spirit of Africa Presents: Rhythm and Dance of West Africa
◦ Thursday, April 11 – Balkan Boogie
◦ Friday, April 12 – Sights and Sounds of the British Isles
April 6 -12 | 11 AM – 2:30 PM | Seattle Center Armory
Program catering to kids 10 and under | Fun for the whole family!
Committed to Access for All | Suggested Daily Donation: $5
More info: nwfolklife.org/maw-spring/
Calendar event posts are submitted by members of the public and/or by organizations unaffiliated with The Seattle Globalist. Questions about individual events, postings and images used in calendar items should be directed toward the event organizers, who are responsible for the content.