- This event has passed.
Spotlight: Chronic Homelessness
Oct 30, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$10
There is a homelessness crisis in Seattle. Many people want to do something to help but don’t know where to start.
Join YP Impact and Plymouth Housing for a panel discussion with local experts and leaders as we explore the issue of chronic homeless and address some common questions:
- Who is living on the streets?
- What are some of the traumas and obstacles they are facing?
- Why are some people chronically homeless?
- What are resources available to the homeless?
- Who is doing something to address the homeless issue?
- What are some of the things that prevent people from finding permanent housing?
- What can we as citizen do to help the homeless population and come up with solutions?
- Andrea Carnes, Deputy Director of Plymouth Housing
- Elise Chayet, Clinical Instructor of Health Services at Harborview
- Tim Zaricznyj, Executive Director of Providence Supportive Housing
About Plymouth Housing:
Plymouth Housing works to eliminate homelessness and address its causes by preserving, developing and operating safe, quality, supportive housing and by providing adults experiencing homelessness with opportunities to stabilize and improve their lives.
Plymouth follows the Housing First philosophy, operating on the principle that people cannot improve their lives until they have a safe, stable place to live.
Calendar event posts are submitted by members of the public and/or by organizations unaffiliated with The Seattle Globalist. Questions about individual events, postings and images used in calendar items should be directed toward the event organizers, who are responsible for the content.