- This event has passed.
West Seattle and Ballard Link Light Rail Extension Downtown Scoping Open House
Mar 7, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
The West Seattle and Ballard Link Extensions will provide fast, reliable light rail connections to dense residential and job centers throughout the region and add a new downtown Seattle light rail tunnel to add more capacity for the entire regional system.
Join us for the project’s formal scoping period to share your input on route and station alternatives Sound Transit is considering. Scoping is the next step in the environmental review process. Based on feedback gathered through the alternatives development process and the scoping comment period, the Sound Transit Board will identify a preferred alternative and other alternatives to study in the environmental impact statement (EIS).
The scoping comment period concludes on March 18, 2019.
As a part of scoping, you are invited to share your feedback at an open house. It’s an opportunity to:
- Learn about the project background, the process for identifying a preferred alternative and how community input has shaped project development to date
- Share your feedback on route and station locations, topics to study in the EIS and the project purpose and need
- Participate in small group discussions with your neighbors and share your insights with project staff
One of our events is Downtown at Ruth Fisher Boardroom and Grand Hall, Union Station (401 S Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98104) on March 7, 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm. RSVP today at https://wsblink.participate.online/
Other ways to submit a formal scoping comment include:
- Visit the online open house: https://wsblink.participate.online
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave a voicemail at (833) WSB-COMM [or (833) 972-2666]
- Mail your comments to:
West Seattle and Ballard Link Extensions
c/o Lauren Swift
401 S Jackson St. Seattle, WA 98104
Read more about West Seattle and Ballard Link Extensions here: https://www.soundtransit.org/Projects-and-Plans/west-seattle-and-ballard-link-extensions
Calendar event posts are submitted by members of the public and/or by organizations unaffiliated with The Seattle Globalist. Questions about individual events, postings and images used in calendar items should be directed toward the event organizers, who are responsible for the content.